Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Dec. 1, 2020

 First light is light of stone💎 ....

ॐ असतोमा  सद्गमय । तमसोमा ज्योितर्गमय । मृत्योमार्मृतंगमय ॥ ॐ शािन्त शािन्त शािन्तः ॥

oṃ asatomā sadgamaya tamasomā jyotirgamaya mṛtyormāmṛtamgamaya 

oṃ śāntiḥ śāntiḥ śāntiḥ “

Om from delusion toward truth From darkness toward light From death toward life

Om, peace, peace, peace.


Today was a day filled with light for me, I connected  with a lovely new person and spoke on the phone with another lovely new person...2 people who recently have found there way to me via the pull of the universe and it's perfect alignment.  I also, ofcourse had a wonderful day because of the sunshine that lives in my home, my son...and my sweet Poe,... along with clients that I adore and students I am so appreciative of....

The beginning,.... I frequently can be quoted saying, I love coming to the mat, because for me, it is always like a new beginning but,.. we are only really REMEMBERING who we are.... far more than CREATING a new being,.. but on the mat we have this opportunity to recognize our light and darkness as well.

  "in this realm, my path is my experience, and this can create fear,... Seeing the absolutely eternal manifestation in all things allows strength and peace to stream into this experience"... 

We are so fortunate to have the knowledge from thousands of years to guide us on our journey.  If I have a struggle with a meditation,.. I simply invite a sense of appreciation.  This often blooms into more appreciation and then I can sit with those thoughts and then,... maybe stillness.  Today,.. Dec. 1st,.. it SNOWED.  I walked through the trees and on the snow and the quiet brought me such a sense of peace.  I was reminded of being underwater and walking on a sandy beach at sunrise.  The silence and connection with nature...beautiful.  



As winter approaches, there is a growing mood of sleepiness of the world. Through the stories, and songs we bring, and observation of nature, we can experience a settling down. The fallen leaves, the animals in hibernation, the shorter days.

Advent balances the darkness and sleepiness with expectation and anticipation. It is a time of moving through the darkness toward the yearly rebirth of the light, when the days begin to grow longer. Advent is really a four–week festival, the four weeks leading up to Christmas and Solstice, starting on a Sunday evening. Many religions celebrate festivals of the returning of the light. Among those festivals are Solstice, Chanukah, Christmas and Divali.

The mood of Advent prepares us for the light beginning to grow stronger again. If we are quiet,.. quiet like the snow in the woods, quiet like the stillness under the water,... like footprints on the sand. - If we are STILL in this quiet,.. we CAN feel the light growing stronger.....


During Advent, we can deepen our relationship to the world around us through recognizing the strength and beauty in all the four kingdoms of the natural world.

The first week is related to the mineral kingdom, the physical foundation for life. The mineral world gives us a fixed stage, a basis for our ever-changing existence. Without the mineral world we would have no ground to stand on.


भूभुर्व: स्व: ।
तत्सिवतुवर्रण्ये।
भगोर्देवस्य धीमिह ।
धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्।।

oṃ
bhūr bhuvaḥ svaḥ
tāt savitūr vāreṇyaṃ
bhārgo devāsya dhīmahi
dhīyo yo naḥ prachodāyāt

“Om
To the divine Light
Which pervades the three worlds
The Light which is Love
On that divine radiance we meditate
May It enlighten our intellect and awaken our spiritual wisdom.”



namaste' with love and LIGHT
Kerry and the YOGA TREE familia 💓


No comments:

Post a Comment

YOGA. REVERENCE,... & Things working out

 Things have a way of working out. 💚🙏 As much as we stress and toil over what happens around us and "to us"... We can really get...